Saturday 16 March 2019

Process and Production: Extremes and Inbetweens

Process and Production
Study Task 10 Process: Extremes and Inbetweens

Once I had completed the improved animatic, I imported each individual shot into TV Paint, as a separate clip. I learn to do this using the TV Paint manual guide. It made it easier to begin animating over the animatic, as I had done most of the keyframes.

I had used extremes and inbetweens before, however I still looked in The Animators Survival Kit by Richard Williams, where he explores inbetweens. On page 96, he looks at elongated inbetween, which is stretching the drawing, to use less frames but give a similar motion. I use this idea in one of my shots, where Meara is jumping down from a ledge.




To improve the motion of the characters, and to further anticipate an action, I used a motion anticipation, for example, the character going down to come up and vice versa. An example of this is is when Sumac folds his wings. I added an additional two frames where his body leans up, before coming down to fold the wings.

I did this motion also for when she puts the scroll in her satchel. Originally, her hand just moves back to the satchel.



When I added the beginning few frames it anticipates the motion, before its followed by the inbetweens and keyframe. I will continue to implicate this idea throughout the process of the animation. I think I need to improve on my exaggeration more and the solid drawing and will further explore this when I continue working.

No comments:

Post a Comment