Sunday 7 March 2021

Extended Practise: Live Briefs/Competition

 Extended Practise
DTIYS (Draw This In Your Style) Competitions


  • This week:
    • I worked on a few Draw This In Your Style competitions, over on Instagram, to expand my audience on Social Media and development my drawing skills.
  • What went well/What Could be Improved:
    • I worked on two challenges this week, each with winners prizes. I found the first challenge particularly difficult, as I decided to go out of my comfort zone and make an animated illustration. It was also of a human character, which I find more difficult to draw than animals. 
    • I enjoyed working primarily in Toon Boom Harmony for this and used the drawing layers to make sure each part of the face and body could be animated. However, as it was done in Toon Boom Harmony, I couldn't do much painting and struggled to push colours.
    • Here is the final looping animation:




    • The second DTIYS Challenge I took part in was of @Puffygator, which is an artist I have followed for a long time! After taking note of the previous challenge I did, I decided to focus on the illustration side and create this in Clip Studio Paint. 
    • I purposefully chose to use a different brush to what I am used to using and experimented more with brighter colours. I definitely had a lot of fun with this piece, as I was able to experiment, but stay within my comfort zone with the character.
    • Next time, I think I would focus on the anatomy and style of the character, now that I have experimented with the painting and colour.
    • Here is the final piece:









No comments:

Post a Comment