Sunday 21 March 2021

Extended Practise: Final Film Inbetweens

 Extended Practise
Final Film Inbetweens Progress


  • This week:
    • I worked on the inbetweens for Shot 22 and 23.
  • What went well:
    • I finished both of the in-betweening for Shot 22 and 23. Last week I had mentioned I wanted to make some improvements on the anticipation before Geoffrey shakes out his feathers. In addition to this, my group and in the weeklies, I was advised to try and make Geoffrey's feathers stick out as he shakes. I needed to redraw some frames in order to achieve this.
    • Here is the final inbetweens for Shot 22:
Shot 22 Inbetweens Progress


Shot 22 Inbetweens Final


    • For Shot 23, I still needed to clean-up the roughed key-frames. I started by doing this before I inbetweened. In previous weeklies, Mike had mentioned making sure to keep the line thickness consistent depending on the distance the character is from the camera, therefore I made sure to use a smaller brush size when keying this shot.
    • I found the inbetweening incredibly difficult for this shot, because I needed to understand the timing and spacing for the Geoffrey's flying. I had to make several adjustments to this, so it would flow better.
    • Here are the final inbetweens:

  • What could be improved:
    • I still think the timing of Shot 23 needs to be adjusted of him flying away. I think it's the way it slows down as he turns, so this is something I may need to adjust if there is additional time.
    • For Shot 22, when he finishes shaking his body and lifts his head, I think it could use an anticipation where he crouches down slightly. This is something I'd consider for future animations.
  • Next time:
    • I will be working on colouring Shot 19.

No comments:

Post a Comment