Thursday 4 March 2021

Extended Practise: Kingdom of Masks Scene 20 Inbetweens

 Extended Practise
Kingdom of Masks Inbetweening Process

  • This week:
    • I worked on Scenes 20 inbetweening for Khoa and Amy's project.
  • What went well:
    • As I wanted the Mask Maker's head turn to ease in and then out, I had to make sure the spacing of the middle frames worked to ease the head. I also, to make the movement feel more fluid, inbetweened the head making an arching motion down, to look up at the sword.
    • Despite finding it difficult to keep the mask the same size and consistent between frames, I found using the shape-making tool helped a lot with this. I could then manipulate the lines with the mouse tool, to keep the shape even.

  • What could be improved:
    • Despite the camera movement added prior to my inbetweening, I think it should ease as his head turns, to then zoom into the sword. The flow of the turning movement feels broken when the camera zoom follows.
    • I think he slows a little bit too much at the end of the turn, which could be fixed by adjusting the timings or removing some frames. However, Khoa believes that the timing works fine, so I will be keeping it this way.
  • Next week:
    • I will be re-keyframing Scene 21, to make improvements!

No comments:

Post a Comment