Friday 19 March 2021

Extended Practise: Final Film Inbetweens Progress

 Extended Practise
Final Film Inbetweens Progress


  • This week:
    • I made improvements to Shot 18 and started keying Shots 22 and 23.
  • What went well:
    • During the weekly, I showed the group the inbetweens I had done for Shot 18 and asked if anyone had an idea was to what needed to be done for the jump back. Ben suggested slowing down the timing and slowing the camera. I also re-drew some frames so that this would work properly. After doing so, I believe this works a lot better now.
    • Here is the updated shot:




    • I additionally worked on Shot 22 and 23 this week, starting with the keyframes. Initially, Geoffrey just walked on screen and stared at the camera, according to my animatic, however I wanted to add a bit more character and movement in this shot. I keyed him coming into shot, taking a large inhale, before shaking out his feathers, then looking at the camera. I thought this worked well, as I intended him to seem like he was shaking off the experience. 
    • Here are the key-frames for Shot 22:




    • When I came to Shot 23, I found that I hadn’t animated a bird flying before, so I used reference footage of two swans taking flight, so I could understand the positioning of the wings. Here is the reference footage:

    • As I just roughed out this shot, I think this works well, as it allowed me to make adjustments if I needed to, without fully committing to a movement/drawing. I will take this idea forward for future projects, if I am unsure about the acting or movement of a character. 
    • Here are the rough keys for Shot 23:

  • What could be improved:
    • I showed my group the keys I had done for Shot 22 and they thought I could try adding an overlap and follow-through motion of his “puffed out” feathers, which is something I will look at when I come to between this shot.
    • I think that the anticipation, when he inhales and his body rises up, could be exaggerated further, so I will push this slightly when I come to between it.
  • Next time:
    • I will be working on the inbetweens for Shot 22 and 23.

No comments:

Post a Comment