Friday 5 April 2019

Professional Practise 1: Further Storyboard Practise

Professional Practise 1
Storyboard Session

David Bunting, a professional storyboard artist who has worked on productions such as Dennis and Gnasher and Bob the Builder, introduced us to Toon Boom: Storyboard Pro. As it was the first time using the software, I learnt a variety of tools and also about how the software has helped in terms of the industry. He explained how the industry has changed a lot because of the introduction and advancement in technology and that the fact we are able to learn and utilise the software through our practise, makes us more organised and skilful in practise. 


During the session, I created a quick Monkey character, to understand the drawing tools of the software and then we were shown the tools and how to storyboard, using the software. I created a notes sheet and then produced a short storyboard using the character. 



I was given positive feedback in the variety of shots I used, however I could further practise my camera angles, in storyboarding and how they can affect the audiences opinions and relationship with the character or situation in view.



No comments:

Post a Comment