Monday 15 April 2019

Process and Production: Study Task 10

Process and Production
Study Task 10: Colouring and Shading

As a test for the colouring process in TVPaint and how the layer mask works, I did a small animation test, using Grookey- a Pokemon character, as the character was simple to quickly animate and then colour.


I did this as a test outside of University work, however it applied to my colouring process as I was able to understand how the textures worked and also the mask tool, which I was going to use to help the shading.

I then added shading to my animation, using the lasso tool and filling in on a different layer. Using the TVPaint 11 Documentation website, they have a variety of tutorials and options for colouring, which helped me decide the shading process. This is located here: https://www.tvpaint.com/doc/tvp11/index.php?id=lesson-introduction.





This week I:
  • Shaded the more complicated scenes of the animation, which contained the most frames and movement.
  • I will be improving the shading, by changing the layer properties to fit the location and time of day. I will also be continuing adding shadows to the characters in the rest of the scenes, before I begin the final process of drawing backgrounds and editing.




No comments:

Post a Comment