Monday 22 April 2019

Process and Production: Study Task 10

Process and Production
Study Task 10: Backgrounds

This week I worked on:
  • Continuing the shading of my character animation, whilst working closely on producing backgrounds. 
  • Keeping backgrounds consistent, by using references and referring back to other backgrounds I had drawn.

When I was testing the animation, with the backgrounds, one background I had created was too small, so I quickly learnt to make the canvas slightly bigger than I needed, in order to fit everything in frame.


I needed to further extend the background and then blur the edges, to create focus on the chest in the space. 

I followed some digital painting books to help me choose brushes and what colours to use to create depth and sense of space. After reading the Digital Painting Techniques: Volume 1 by 3Dtotal, the first section of the book explains creating and downloading new brushes. I used this method to create a textured brush, which worked for the stone and leaves.



No comments:

Post a Comment