Monday 7 January 2019

Professional Practice 1: Disseminate

Professional Practice 1
Disseminate Research

For my disseminate studio brief, I have decided to produce a presentation on the Indie Boss-Rush game, Cuphead, which uses traditional animation style centred around the 1930s.

My initial research consisted of looking at the game on the Studio MDHR website and further research into the way the game was made, through a series of Youtube process videos and information provided by the developers themselves. I was interested in looking at this game because of how popular it became for a 2D Platform genre and how well the studio was able to replicate the style of 1930s animation.

The Studio MDHR FAQ section of their website was most helpful in researching for the presentation
http://studiomdhr.com/faq/

I was able to play the game for a large portion, however I also watched Youtube play-throughs and videos, as I couldn't continue the game because of the difficulty of it. Despite this, I found the animation within the game interesting and almost reflective of the process I used for digital animation, at the beginning of the year. This followed creating a traditional animation and movement, before scanning into Photoshop to colour.

The style used in Cuphead is smooth and exaggerated and I think that's something I'd like to use more in my own work. I additionally liked the line-work of the characters and the colours used to demonstrate character appeal.

For the research and bibliography, I made a Google Docs document, to collect a series of videos and webpages to further explore the games creation.


No comments:

Post a Comment