Tuesday 29 January 2019

Process and Production: Character Design and Development Improvements

Process and Production
Character Design and Development Improvements

When designing Meara, I initially struggled with drawing human figures, however made a series of adjustments to her design based upon the feedback I was given. In my initial design, her proportions felt incorrect and she didn't feel like the character I wanted her to be.

Then, I redrew this design to produce a more defined figure and shape. I additionally added more folds to the clothing to appear baggier, as suggested in feedback.


Once changing the clothes, I adjusted the muscles to make her appear leaner and added colour. The back pose was also adjusted.

I finally made changes to her 3/4 pose, by slightly lifting the right arm and changing the left. This was also done to improve Sumacs' turnaround sheet.






No comments:

Post a Comment