Tuesday 15 January 2019

Process and Production: Character Design and Development

Process and Production
Character Design and Development

Antagonist Development and Turnaround Sheets



For the antagonist, I wanted to create a character that incorporated a skeleton and animal creature. This would therefore fit in the theme of fantasy, similar to using a Dragon or Mythical creature. The antagonist design started as a canine creature, however this was soon changed to a bird, as it fit the archetype of a Sovereign better.

To create appeal, I used sharp edges and triangular shapes, along with a grey colour scheme, with red eyes, which - according to Bryan Tillman - symbolises power. I created a variety of different colour schemes, however I felt the muted colours worked better to make the reds stand out and indicate him as a devious character. 

Focusing on improving my character designs, I used improvements from the Meara turnaround to help make this turnaround created have more appeal, such as using shapes to show character and colour.



Antagonist Turnaround
Antagonist Model Sheets


Concept/Interaction Ideas

 I wanted to use a sketchy and stylised look for the backgrounds and environments, so I tried illustrating the characters in a similar style to demonstrate how they would interact. However, for the purpose of animation and keeping things simple, I will continue with the lined style.




No comments:

Post a Comment