Monday 7 January 2019

Process and Production: Study Task 1

Process and Production
Study Task 1: Research and Refinement




The process of researching the genre was overall quite difficult, because the genre of Adventure is quite broad and can apply and feed into other genres. I found that the initial research of the genre itself, in terms of film, novels and animation was simple in finding the general tropes. I had to analyse and dig further to understand generic conventions and character roles, within the genre, however through analysing some Adventure films, I was able to find a comparison and overall theme. To narrow down the genre, I also chose to explore Fantasy along-side this, as a hybrid.

The generic conventions of Adventure are usually identified through the environments, the protagonists' journey and the final outcome of the narrative. I think that I can improve on my research skills by identifying more specific texts to analyse and include further research from other sources, such as journals.

No comments:

Post a Comment