Wednesday 7 October 2020

Extended Practise: ClipStudioPaint Competition

 Extended Practise
Live Brief: Clip Studio Paint Competition

  • This week:
    • I produced a last-minute entry into an International Illustration Competition hosted by Clip Studio Paint, with YouTuber Lavendartowne judging.
  • What Went Well:
Here is the brief:

    • Despite only having a day to get the illustration finished for the deadline, I produced a few initial ideas for the character, before the final illustration. I wanted to have a hedgehog character, as a lot of the entries featured cats, bunnies and humans. I also wanted to use a theme which was about re-using plastic and cans to make a rocket and suit. Also, Hedgehogs are pretty cute.
    • I started with a few traditional roughs, and some digital exploration. I had to work quickly as I didn't have much time, so the ideas were drawn pretty roughly.
Idea Exploration:



    • I, then, produced a bright, colourful, fun illustration of the Hedgehog in space! I focused a lot on textures, such as using textured brushes, images and layering, which adds a lot of "feel" to the drawing.
Here is the final illustration:




Here is the evidence of entry:

  • What Could Be Improved:
    • If I had more time, I would have looked into other creatures, characters, moods and style. I wanted to explore the composition more, as I felt that it could have been arranged better, to be more visually appealing.
  • Next time:
    • I will produce more concepts and exploration of possible character ideas, before moving onto my final illustration.

No comments:

Post a Comment