Friday 23 October 2020

Extended Practise: 11 Second Challenge October

Extended Practise
11 Second Challenge Colour and Submission 

  • This week:
    • I finished the colour for Shot 2 and submitted the final 11 Second Challenge clip to the competition!
  • What went well:
    • I have improved on my speed for colouring, as I was able to colour my designated scene in under a day, when we had several days for colouring. I have seemed to have understood the colouring process in Toon Boom Harmony, so I should be better with this in the future.
    • Here is my coloured scene:


    • Furthermore, Joseph edited and put together the final animation, with lighting and colour adjustments and sound. Overall, I think we did an amazing job in such a small amount of time, the characters' movement is smooth and well timed and the spiders' movements work. Here is the final edit:

    • Here is evidence of posting to the 11 Second Competition:



  • What could be improved:
    • I think we really underestimated how quickly we would be able to work on this, so we could have spent more time developing characters and story ideas. As the deadline was the 31st October, we didn't think there was enough time to spend exploring more technical movements and animation, as we kept the overall acting quite simple. 
    • Furthermore, the Spiders' movement could have been improved as it doesn't really fit the final audio track very well. In the storyboards, it was illustrated as a gradual mouth open, with saliva coming out and we ended up scrapping this for time. Therefore, timing needs to be considered more in future projects.
  • Next week:
    • I will be looking at possible D&AD Competitions and beginning to think about my final film.

No comments:

Post a Comment