Sunday 11 October 2020

Extended Practise: 11 Second Challenge October

 Extended Practise
11 Second Challenge October - Continued Characters

  • This week:
    • I continued working on some character ideas and concepts for the 11 Second Challenge brief.
  • What Went Well:
    • I explored some different colour themes for the characters, as I said I wanted to do this in my previous post. Furthermore, I explored some colour thumbnails based upon initial background ideas Joseph had created and Emilys' final turnarounds.

    • So I created some colour variation, with the simple abstract styled spider. As a group, we decided that purple might fit the best for the theme. I tried a solid purple colour and a purple colour with black legs. Emily created a spider of a distinctly different style, which we thought was more appropriate, as it would create more visual contrast to the fly.
    • Furthermore, I created some thumbnails to explore lighting. I liked the thumbnail I made in the bottom right, therefore I chose this one to try adding colour.






    • Finally, I made a quick sketch of the spider, using Emily's final turnaround, in order to understand how the character model works. One thing I noticed I kept doing was laying the eyes out incorrectly, so this small sketch sheet labels points I keep drawing incorrectly. I will keep this beside me, also, when animating.
  • What Could be Improved:
    • One thing that needs to be thought about is how texture might be applied. I do like the rough paintbrush texture I have been using for the concepts, however this will not be used for the final animation. In post-production, some noise-grain might need to be added, which would also create an old-film effect.
  • Next week:
    • I will be starting animation on the project, with Emily!

No comments:

Post a Comment