Sunday 25 October 2020

Context of Practise 3: Starting Some Character Concepts

 Context of Practise 3
Starting Some Character Concepts


  • This week:
    • I started exploring some initial character ideas and received feedback on these also.
  • What went well:
    • I had started by using previous characters I had made and attempting to further expand on these, however I found that this approach wasn't working the best. I needed to come up with new ideas. I liked the line-of-action and pose of the mouse character on the second page, so I decided to take this idea and explore it further.



    • Using shapes and what I had learnt of character designing, I created 6 initial mice designs and produced some rough renders of two which I favoured:




    • Overall, the top middle design did have a better pose and line-of-action to the other poses, however I did like the design in the top left, because of the large eyes and rounder body.
  • What could be improved:
    • I need to work on making my poses less stiff. This will be done through practise and attempting to push the poses more when I further develop characters.
    • I asked Mike for some feedback! He did feel that his favourite design was the more angular one on the top middle row. In addition to this, he felt that I needed to produce more ideas and exploration, especially for the other characters I will be animating. Therefore, I think I will be scrapping the mice designs as I don't feel these work best for the characters. I need to research some animated performances of animal characters to assist in my creation of creature characters.
  • Next week:
    • I will be analysing animated performances and designing more characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment