Saturday 14 December 2019

Character and Narrative: Shadows and Colouring

Character and Narrative
Shadows and Colouring

  • This Week:
    • In order to try speed up the colouring process, I went into all coloured files and made sure that the colouring was neat and that the file contained shadows, which was some feedback from the weekly.
  • What Went Well:
    • I managed to add shadows and finalise the colouring, such as in Scenes 2, 3 and 6, which was what I needed to colour. I additionally finalised the inbetweens for scene 6, to speed up the process, which Mark was originally needing to do.
  • What Could Be Improved:
    • I think that I should have taken more initiative and was a little harsher when it came to giving deadlines to people and then distributing the workload of things that hadn't been yet completed. I have learnt this for future projects, however and will try to be more assertive with deadlines.
    • During the weekly, we are told to adjust some timing and framing on Scene 5, which I went and adjusted, as the background wasn't properly in place and the timing needed changing.
  • Next Week:
    • The editing process will begin!
    • I will be making an improved soundtrack, further concept work for the art-book and finalising any scenes that may need redoing or adjusting.
Scene 6 - First Half - Colouring, Shading and Coloured VFX based upon Rachel's flickering gradient idea for the fire in the second half


Scene 5 with shadows and timing/background adjustments, based on Weekly Feedback



Scene 2, Shot 3, an example of added shadows this week

No comments:

Post a Comment