Wednesday 10 October 2018

Study 1 of Animation Fundamentals: Solid Drawing



Animation 1: Animation Skills
Study Task 1: Solid Drawing

For the first study task, we were told to create a series of twenty drawings, starting with ten 'line of action' studies.

 I found that I was quite good at analysing the action and depth with each two minute pose. A lot of the anatomy within the poses was difficult at first, however after several poses, I found it became easier. One thing I noticed was that I tended to skip steps, making the drawings more refined straight away, rather than just a skeleton drawing.  This task was completed in Biro pen, as a weakness of mine is wanting to erase lines straight away, thus using a pen meant the line was permanent.

The five minute studies were similar to the two-minute ones,  however when it came to "copying" the poses to refine them, I found that it was difficult to get the pose right again. When I moved onto the Black and White "refined" drawings, I completed three, two being the same pose, but with a different approach to line work. 

Both the spot-colour drawings and the "final render" drawings used a pencil sketch, as I had learnt to use from the previous drawings. Due to the limit of time, the pose and character had to remain simple.



Link here to PDF Document

PDF Here:

No comments:

Post a Comment