Sunday 14 October 2018

Study 2 of Animation Fundamentals: Appeal



Animation 1: Animation Skills
Study Task 2: Appeal
(Click images for original sized versions)
 Link to Original Character Development

 Link to Character Development Sheet Sketches


The first section of study task two consisted of creating a character based upon a certain archetype and producing a turnaround model, a character model sheet and a development sheet.

I chose to explore the Rebel archetype and produced a Mind Map of ideas and concepts, including research online. From this, I created a character development sheet. I initially struggled with developing an interesting character, but I went with what first came into my mind, which was a demonic character to fit the archetype.

I wasn't sure how to start the model sheet, nor turnaround, so I created a series of sketches and developments in my sketchbook, before creating a finalised digital Character Model Sheet and Character Turnaround. I wanted to keep the colours bold, but simple, therefore I used a grey skin-tone and bright red eyes, to fit the rebellious and "risk taking" personality.
 Link to Original Size Model Sheet
 Link to Orion Model Sheet 2

 Link to Original Size Turnaround

I used reference photos and research to create the character of Orion, which was a combination of images of bats, previous drawn images and inspiration from the puppet wolf, used for Sirius Black in Harry Potter, as his wolf-form. The model sheet was drawn entirely in Photoshop, which I have knowledge of using prior to the course.

Image result for batImage result for harry potter sirius wol

No comments:

Post a Comment