Saturday 10 November 2018

Study Task 4 of Animation Fundamentals: Arcs and Compiling Skills


Animation 1: Animation Skills
Study Task 4: Arcs and Compiling Skills

Parts C and D: Arcs and Loopdeloop Animation


For the final part of Study Task 4, I used rotoscoping to create an arc animation, of a ball pendulum. I found that with the rotoscope animation, it was difficult to trace as it was time consuming. Just referencing the video made it easier to complete quickly. I referenced the book "Animators Survival Kit" by Richard Williams, which has a detailed description of using arcs in animation, here:









The Pendulum, Video Format

In addition to this, we had to create a pendulum stop motion animation using a pencil. I think I could improve on this by adding further frames at the beginning and end to demonstrate the motion easing and slowing as it reaches the highest point, then speeds up as it arcs down. 







Part D - Loopdeloop animation

I found it was difficult to come up with an initial idea, as there had to be a shoe incorporated and I wanted to try challenging myself, by animating a human character. Within this, I utilised pose-to-pose animation, arcs, easing, squash and stretch, all compiled within this short loop.


Non-Looping Version



Coloured, with Camera Movement



Video Format

Once exported, I was able to apply and adapt the animation, adding a variety of effects to change the overall mood



I think this could be further improved by using a human reference for a throw, as the movement doesn't feel or seem natural, with the arc of the arm. Next time, I will use referencing to create a human animation.




No comments:

Post a Comment