Sunday 6 December 2020

Extended Practise: Giffgaff Brief - Keyframing

 Extended Practise
Giffgaff Brief - Keyframing


  • This week:
    • I began the keyframes for the full 20 second TV spot for the giffgaff brief.
  • What went well:
    • As my animatic had fleshed out a lot of the movements, I found it easier to keyframe over this. 
    • I used a mixture of straight ahead and pose-to-pose animation, for the first shot, as I found this easier to do, whereas for the part where the character is falling, it was better to animate the poses, so when I between this, I can get the timing right.
    • I attempted to be more malleable with the model sheet, which proved to work well here, as I could push poses and expressions, to exaggerate them more. 
    • After reading over the brief guidelines and looking at my visual exploration, I opted to use a vector brush, which is dense and smooth - as opposed to a textured one. I believed that this fit better with giffgaff's image and also has a bolder, graphic-like aesthetic, which fits the visual better.
    • Here is the animation I have produced so far:

    • I believe that the falling animation loop works well so far. I was able to make the fabric wobble enough to look like she's falling in the air, whilst also keeping the shape and values consistent. I still need to continue this, but this can be further developed next week.
  • What could be improved:
    • I found that the first shot, where she glances around at her desk needs to be extended slightly, to show her head turning from the computer monitor. This was something Joseph also pointed out, as he would be developing the backgrounds for me. I will add a short head turn next week, when I come to improve and between the animation.
    • Furthermore, I found that the final shot of her looking at the envelope didn't fit well with the style of animation, nor the overall story. I have decided I will cut this shot out, to extend the other shots, which will allow for more time for audiences to process what's happening.
  • Next week:
    • I will be inbetweening the animation and working on improvements.

No comments:

Post a Comment