Saturday 5 December 2020

Context of Practise 3: Video Exploration and Analysis

 Context of Practise 3
Video Exploration and Analysis


  • This week:
    • After finishing the line-tests for each of the characters, I wanted to create an analysis, which would work alongside my essay.
  • What went well:
    • After completing the animated tests, I created a survey, asking audiences about what they perceived each characters' personality was, based upon their model sheets, turnarounds and final character animations. I additionally asked how easy they found it to figure out. 
    • Overwhelming the responses were very positive. 93% of responses were able to identify Sal's anxious personality in the animated tests, in comparison to only 60% being able to identify it, just from her model sheet. 
    • 79% of responses agreed that the animated tests showed more personality than the model sheets and all responses demonstrated that the acting within the animations showed their personalities.
    • Here is a link to the survey:
https://forms.gle/EEgk5cNgqHdqYzdW8
    • Here is the final survey:


    • In addition to this, I created a short video explaining how my research and findings came together, what I had focused on for the character animations and finally what I had learnt from this.
    • I believe that my skills in acting in animation have improved and developed significantly, which can be taken into my extended practise module. This is because I have a better understanding of getting into character and the process of acting in animation.
    • Here is the quick analysis video:


  • What could be improved:
    • Some improvements I could make going forwards is understanding more about the positioning of characters and camera movement, which can be worked upon during Extended Practise.
    • I had previously mentioned I would like to also improve my knowledge of Toon Boom Harmony and how I can improve my work further with fluid motion.
  • Next week:
    • I will be finalising the essay ready for submission.

No comments:

Post a Comment