Wednesday 30 December 2020

Extended Practise: Final Film Script and Storyboarding

 Extended Practise - Final Film
Script Drafts and Rough Storyboarding


  • This week:
    • I made notes and edits on Stacey's drafted script and started creating rough thumbnails for the storyboard.
  • What went well:
    • I think that the script Stacey produced works really well, despite that it was quite tricky and new for her to write a comedy. I understood that a lot of the comedy aspect will come in with the visuals, so the script works well to establish the narrative cues. 
    • I found it great that I could go over the script and make notes here and there as to how this could be shown visually, however this is something I will also discuss with my group. Through the process of making a rough storyboard, also, I can establish parts that may need to be cut out or adjusted for the final storyboards.
    • Here is the script, with my notes on:



    • The quickness of the storyboard with post-it notes really helps the narrative process, as I can move around shots or change things as I go. I always start the process this way. It allows me to also talk with Stacey about changes and Reid, who will be helping out on the storyboard process. 
    • Here are my rough thumbnails:






  • What could be improved:
    • The rough thumbnails are very rough at the moment and don't properly establish shot types or specific movements, as this will need to be considered when developed.
    • I forgot to use a 16:9 ratio, as these were the only post-it notes I had (which are square). I need to draw a line or use a 16:9 ratio post-it notes, for next time I make rough thumbnails.
    • There seems to be too much at the moment, especially if I want to keep the animation under one minute. I will need to make cuts to some of the story, which I will be discussing with Stacey and Reid and getting their opinions on what could work best and what could be cut.
  • Next week:
    • I will be talking with the group about their ideas so far, fleshing out the storyboard and working on character concepts.

No comments:

Post a Comment