Sunday 17 May 2020

Applied Animation: Documentary - Final Animation

Applied Animation
Final Animated Documentary

  • This week:
    • We completed the final documentary film!
  • What went well:
    • Overall, I believe we worked really well to organise ourselves as a group, we bounced off each others ideas, understood each others' feedback really well. I would love to work with both Joseph and Caitlin again, as I found they work very professionally and keep to deadlines really well.
    • I learnt so much this module, through Toon Boom Harmony, using more references, learning more about VFX animation. I really enjoyed the Visual Development stages of pre-production, such as exploring styles, producing some backgrounds, coming up with visual ideas. 
    • I additionally worked a lot on my timing and consistency with animation, by using more keyframes, to help with inbetweening. I enjoyed the colour process in Toon Boom and will continue to do this in the future!
    • Furthermore, I learnt a lot about After Effects compositing and improved my skills in using the software more efficiently.
  • What could be improved:
    • My composing of shots, and consistency with characters needs improvement. I also need to learn more with Toon Boom, which will come with using it more and exploring YouTube tutorials.
    • Despite working a lot on my timing for animation, I think it still needs work. A lot of the shapes and spacing needs improvement and the animation could be smoother.
    • Furthermore, I'd like to improve directing more in the future, as I learnt a lot about myself and I think I would like to do it again, next year.
Here is the final animation:


No comments:

Post a Comment