Tuesday 11 December 2018

Study Task 6 of Animation Fundamentals: Secondary Action

Animation 1: Animation Skills
Study Task 6: Secondary Action


For the second to last study task, as my final outcome, I wanted to recreate my storyboard to improve elements of the character movements and cuts, in order to make the animation flow better. I used the character I had previously created, Chamomile and additionally wanted to focus on creating backgrounds, as I had not done this prior.

Process Video

Overall, I think that the animation contains and creates an overview of all of the previous animation fundamentals, however I think there could be further exaggeration, such as with the shot at the end. To include a secondary action, I animated the rocks spraying up as he jumps and the dust settling when he lands. This was completed in a separate layer in Photoshop.

I looked at background/concept artwork created by other shows, such as Gravity Falls, as it fit with the natural backgrounds I wanted to recreate, as a crystal cave.


Backgrounds


Final Animation with Sound

Overall, I think I have improved on my timing and spacing. I incorporated squash and stretch, exaggeration, anticipations, arcs and overlapping actions. I think it could also be further improved with additional squash when he jumps down and more detailed camera movement in post-editing.

No comments:

Post a Comment