Monday 3 December 2018

Context of Practise 1: Nostalgia

Context of Practise 1 - Nostalgia

After the lecture on nostalgia, the idea of colouration within the new remake of the Lion King interested me, as people had argued that the dullness of the "live-action" remake was what they took away from the original. Those in my class preferred the brighter colours, in comparison to the lifeless colour palette used in the trailer, which is something I wanted to explore. Through opting for a more "realistic" colour palette, its almost pointless, as it's juxtaposed by the unrealistic element of singing and talking lions. In addition to this, we are unable to empathise or feel connected to characters, as they're too realistic to properly exaggerate and express emotions. In order to understand this, I would like to explore colour palettes and the affect of colour on mood, within my visual journal. This also ties in with my visual analysis of the Kung Fu Panda 2 screen grab, where CG is used successfully in conveying emotion, use of colour and audiences are able to still enjoy and connect with characters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment