Sunday 5 January 2020

Character and Narrative: Camera Edits

Character and Narrative
Camera Edits

  • This week:
    • I edited the camera movement of the final edit of Coconut Conundrum!
  • What Went Well:
    • After Afnan had finished the soundtrack edit, I offered to do the camera work using a software I hadn't tried as much before, called Sony Vegas Pro. I had used Premiere previously, however I wanted to also try using this software also, to try learn more ways of editing and expand my knowledge of a wider range of software. I found Adobe Premiere a lot easier to edit in, so this was a challenge, however I was able to create smooth camera-work, with easing.
  • What Could Be Improved:
    • One thing I struggled with was trying to make the camera movement almost feel invisible. Sometimes the movement was a little too harsh, so I had to keep adjusting it.
    • Another thing I would keep in mind for next time, is that despite we drew and rendered the animation in a 2560x1440 ratio so that the quality wouldn't be reduced as much when editing and rendering to a 1920x1080 aspect ratio, the quality could still be better.
    • When I work on the next project, I'll keep this in mind and understand better ways of keeping compression low.
  • This week:
    • I will be finalising the art-book and preparing for submission!
    • The camera-edited version will be passed onto Mark and Afnan, who will be finalising the end credits and adding textures.
Here is the camera-edit version:




No comments:

Post a Comment